Monday, August 25, 2014

August 25, 2014

Hey guys!

Well, probably the most exciting thing that has happened this week is that I've inspired pretty much everyone in my district to try gymnastics.  I've already taught pretty much everyone handstands, 1 person a backhandspring, 2 people backflips, and didn't kill 3 people learning to do backflips.  So I'd say it's been pretty successful.  My companion and I also decided that since we're absolutely dead in the morning that we'd do some static workouts.  For example, I'm working on getting a planche (where you hold your body parallel to the ground while supporting yourself on just your hands).  This is awesome because it's way less intimidating and you actually feel like you're working toward something.
Another thing that's new is that my companion is teaching me to play the mandolin.  It's really cool because it uses the same tuning as a violin so I know all the strings and where all the notes are so that makes it easy.  It's been pretty fun and we're hoping to use it in contacting soon.
In other news, I'm probably going to have to email on Tuesday next week because we have a meeting scheduled for Monday so we'll have to push pday back, just a heads up so you know.
Sorry I don't have too much this week, hope you guys have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment