Monday, October 13, 2014

October 13, 2014

Alright, well our investigator, Alex, is still doing great and we're excited for him to be baptized this weekend!  Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot!  He asked us to go suit shopping with him on Thursday because he thinks he should have one as a member, which is awesome.  He also said he wanted to get pants like the ones that I was wearing at the time, so +1 for style points for me haha.  Speaking of my pants, I think they caused a guy to hate us.  I'll tell you the story.

We got a weird call from an American guy who wanted to help us with our English classes, so we told him we weren't paid and all that business, thinking that's what he wanted.  He said he was a volunteer and that he really just wanted to learn Romanian.  We offered to teach him Romanian and set up to meet on Friday.  Friday rolls around and he shows up at the church.  First thing he says is "Oh so you're Mormon boys?"  We replied to the affirmative and then proceeded to try to get to know the dude by asking him those small talk questions.  Turns out he has the same last name as my companion.  Eventually, he said he can't imagine himself "embracing our church other than in a historical standpoint" and tried really hard to get out of there.  We told him it was fine and that we could still teach him Romanian if we wanted, but he made some more lame excuses and left.  Later that night, we get a text message from him that says something to the effect of: you deceived me by not telling me you were mormons and you both seemed to be homosexuals I pray for your homosexuality and I hope you repent of your homosexuality. ~gregory lake.  That was definitely one of the most bizarre texts that I have ever received in my life.

In other news, we are planning a zombie fun run in two weeks in the park for Halloween and we're really excited for it.  We'll have people sign up to be zombies or humans and the zombies will lie in wait for the humans to run by and they'll make an attempt to catch them.  Should be fun and we're hoping to find some new people this way.  "We need to stock up on investigators for winter" says an elder in my district.  We're really looking forward to it and hope we get a good turnout.  A funny thing I learned today was that to say even and uneven numbers in Romanian, you can just say par or impar, but you can also say cu sot or fara sot, meaning with or without husband.  Never thought of numbers being couples, but I guess it kind of makes sense, since 2 is a couple anyway.  Alright, well, you guys have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment