Monday, June 23, 2014

June 23, 2014

Well, I found out that I'm getting transferred out of my beloved Timisoara after only being here for 1 transfer.  I'm actually super bummed.  I was really hoping I'd get to stay here because it's such a beautiful city and I really wasn't expecting to get transferred so soon.  There are so many young people here and we were meeting so many cool people.  I was really hoping that my companion and I could stick together for one more, since we got along so well and we were getting some great work done.  Also, the senior couple here is amazing.  He's a dentist, so he gives us dental hygiene tips all the time, which is really nice.  Brush at a 45 degree angle, guys, this helps get the plaque out of your gumline.  Also, he loves discussing gospel questions, so we always come up with questions to ask him to discuss with us, and I've had some great insights doing that.  I'm so sad to leave now.

But all is not lost.  This past week for English, we played that Whose Line is is Anyway? game called "Let's Make a Date."  My companion and I both love that show, so it seemed like an appropriate fit.  For those that don't know, this game is where 3 people get "personalities" at random, and then one person asks them questions as if they were on a bachelor show, and then guess what their personalities are.  It was really fun, except one person just did not get it at all.  Not even close.  For example, in one of her roles, she was supposed to be a cop who was afraid of heights, and she was asked the question: what would you name your first child?  The answer: Rachel.  I don't know if that's a stereotypical name for a daughter of a fearful cop, but in any case we had to keep teaching her that in order for the person to guess, you have to give them clues.  Anyway, it was really fun and our class totally loved it.  Some of the favorite roles: a sloth, a blind painter, and the last man on earth.

















No comments:

Post a Comment