Tuesday, October 7, 2014

October 6, 2014

Our investigator is doing awesome and he's still progressing toward baptism.  Only problem is that he told us that now that he chose to be baptized, all these blessings have been coming into his life, including the opportunity to move to England.  So now he's going to be moving about a month after he gets baptized, which is too bad because we need more strong members here!  But other than that he's doing great and we're really excited for him!

In other news, we went to this amazing part of town today called Dragonul Rosu (The Red Dragon). It's this incredibly huge market where they sell stuff made in china.  It turns out this is where most of the shops in all of Bucuresti get their stuff to sell.  It's kind of like one of those sell to sellers type deals.  Bust this is gigantic.  It's a complex of 10 buildings (Dragon 1, 2, and so forth) each bigger than any walmart.  However, most of these places sell all the same stuff, but you can find some really amazing stuff there.  We found this chinese grocery store type deal where you could get chinese ramen, chopsticks, chinese candy, crazy weird soy sauces, just a ton of really cool chinese stuff.  It was a really cool place and I took pictures, I just forgot to bring my card reader, so next time you'll get some pictures.

Also, I started making Romanian ciorba (soup) since winter's coming and I gotta prepare.  There's a member in my old area who cooks really well so I called him up and he taught me how to make it over the phone.  Surprisingly enough, it ended up amazing.  I've decided that I need to learn how to make Romanian food because it's great and I'm going to miss it.  So I'll learn more in the coming weeks.  At the chinese place, I found some of those special soup spoons that they have that like hook onto the bowl so it doesn't fall in, so I had to get one of those.  Now I'm all set with my soupiness for the coming cold.

Anyway, hope you guys all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment